Some call him a ‘healer’, others prefer the term ‘therapist’, but in Isaac Vidjrakou’s most humble opinion, he is just a regular person who happens to have a distinctively high extrasensory perception.
Isaac has more than 10 years of experience learning various holistic techniques and applying these concepts around the world. He endeavors to do what he loves and what he is truly passionate about. His expertise has allowed him to personalise his approaches as what works for someone, might not work for someone else. He believes that the combination of different therapies, techniques and disciplines, will help oneself be fully aware and fully aligned.
The wellness expert has various therapies rooted in millinery techniques, self-discovery, mediation and mindfulness as well as holistic approaches that will guide your path and health to clarity, right balance and harmony.
His mission is to help you clean and unblock all the visible and invisible physical and mental obstacles that slow down the process and evolution in life.
Useful everyday tips by Isaac
Isaac shares five of his easy tips to have a healthy body and mindset that will make a difference in your life.
1. Peace - attempt to wake up with a positive mind and try to have a positive mood during the day.
2. Disconnect - try to have a little time off from your mobile phone especially before going to bed and when you wake up in the morning. If you can, leave your mobile phone away from your bedroom, switch off your WiFi terminal to minimize the radio frequency waves that are greatly affecting your health. This will improve your quality of sleep and make you wake up with more energy.
3. Take some time off for yourself - for a few minutes during the day, allow yourself to leave work/family on the side, find a quiet place to sit comfortably, close your eyes and connect with your body. You don’t have to do anything, just listen to the sensations in your body, try to connect with your breathing and you will notice that all the noise you have in your mind will start to disappear.
4. Exercise- you don’t have to run a marathon but it’s very important for your body to move and for you to boost your immune system by incorporating exercise in your routine.
5. Sunbathing - we are not much different from plants when it comes to getting sunlight, we also need Vitamin D to boost our immune system. Allow the sunlight to touch your skin for a few minutes a day.
Meditation - the journey of self-discovery
The meditation begins with finding a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed, correcting your posture to allow the energy to flow and closing your eyes. It is important to prepare your physical and mental environment before starting.
Isaac guides you through a journey of self-discovery and sensations reminding all of us to be in the present and to slow down. By connecting and bringing your attention to your body, slowly start scanning your lower body, followed by your abdomen and your head, while breathing and releasing any tension along the way.
Take a holistic look at your body and try to feel the sensations. Ask yourself, how do I feel today? Let your thoughts wander without any judgements or expectations and bring your attention back to your body whilst shifting the focus on your breathing once again.
The meditation is bound to make you feel much lighter and reignite nicer sensations along with a sense of calmness. Open your eyes when you are ready and just sit for a few minutes before standing up.
Isaac recommends daily meditation even if it’s for a few minutes.
Abdominal & Yogi breathing
Isaac walks you through abdominal breathing, an easy yet powerful breathing exercise that will help you wind down the noise and feel at ease.
The exercise starts in a quiet place, in a comfortable position, straight posture and by making sure there is no back, shoulder or neck tension. Place your hand on your abdominal and as you inhale, feel your abdominal expanding. As you exhale, feel your abdominal compressing. Repeat this sequence for a couple of times.
He intensifies the exercise by transitioning into Yogi breathing - which starts with abdominal breathing and continues by bringing the air through your diaphragm up to your lungs, expanding your chest and during exhalation, releasing the air from your lungs all the way down to your abdomen.
Allow the oxygen to flow naturally through the body and regenerate your internal organs.
You may repeat this breathing exercise 10-20 times, use both hands at first and as you get more experience, place your hands on your knees. Closing your eyes will also enhance the experience.
Both types of breathing can be used to relieve anxiety, insomnia and to block out the noise.
If you have any questions, Isaac would be glad to get in touch with you through his Instagram account @metholistic.
Stay well with #belvedereathome.